Symposium topics of interest include:
- Air sampling – aerosols, bio aerosols, gases, mixed-phase and nanoparticles
- Air samplers – development and testing
- Analytical measurements – chemical speciation
- Biomonitoring – biomarkers of exposure
- Direct reading instruments – field measurements
- Emerging measurement requirements
- Exposure assessment and modelling – strategies, peak exposures, multi-exposures
- Method comparability, harmonisation, standardisation and validation activities
- Quality assurance of measurements – calibration, proficiency testing and reference materials
- Sensors (wearable and static) – connectivity, development, testing and usage
- Test chamber workplace simulation studies – development, validation and usage
Building upon previous successful conferences, an exciting programme is planned which combines thought-provoking keynote presentations with accompanying oral presentation sessions. Presentations from students or early-career researchers are warmly encouraged and short training courses, delivered by experts in their field, are an integral component of this event. There will be ample opportunities for viewing posters during break-out sessions so facilitating discourse between researchers. As in previous symposia, no parallel lectures sessions are planned, as it is a long standing opinion that this single stream event promotes a better awareness, connectivity and understanding between the various scientific disciplines in attendance. The language of the symposium will be English.
The conference will bring together researchers, practitioners, regulators, health and safety professionals, occupational health advisers, occupational hygienists, toxicologists, and others with interest in occupational and environmental health, exposure assessment and the underlying measuring tools.
AIRMON 2020 will be coming to the city of Bristol in United Kingdom from 6-10 September and will kindly be hosted on behalf of this consortium by the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
The location for this symposium will be the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre.
For now place the dates in your diary but please return periodically to this webpage to obtain up to date symposium information.