Date & Time: Thursday 16th March 2023, 14.00-15.00
The HCLG was formed in 2014 after a challenge from HSE’s Construction Industry Advisory Committee (ConIAC) for the industry to do more to ‘Think Health’. Many leaders and organisations have subsequently made a commitment to eradicate the thousands of cases of ill health and disease caused every year as a result of exposure to health hazards during construction work, as well as to address the growing incidence of mental ill health in our workforce.
However, since the pandemic it feels there is a need to refocus our efforts across the sector – to revisit our priorities and ensure we are moving in the right direction to prevent ill health amongst our workers.
The HCLG’s current strategy is to focus on the key areas of promoting good mental health, the prevention of respiratory disease and the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders. These focus areas are reflected in the HCLG’s revised strategy which was published in 2021.
During this webinar you will:
- Hear from the current Co-Chairs of the HCLG about this strategy and the importance of keeping our focus.
- Hear from the leaders of the working groups on the key activities and progress so far on the 3 key areas of mental health, respiratory health, MSDs.
- Hear from the HSE about their upcoming campaigns and initiatives.
- Have the chance to ask questions and put forward suggestions and ideas.
- Find out what part you can play in bringing about the necessary changes in the industry.
Henrietta Frater, Co-Chair of HCLG (Head of HSE and Wellbeing, The Crown Estate)
Simon Longbottom, Co-Chair of HCLG (HSE Director, Strategy Delivery, Balfour Beatty)
John Dunne, Chair of the HCLG Respiratory subgroup (Group HSE and Quality Director, Wates)
Jim Beestone, Chair of the HCLG Mental Health subgroup (HSE Project Partner- Bids and Communications, Balfour Beatty)
George Mosey, Chair of the HCLG MSDs subgroup, (Head of HSE, Europe, Laing O’Rourke)
Denver Coulson, Head of Campaigns, Health and Safety Executive
Contact: [email protected]
BOHS is an active member of the HCLG and is kindly facilitating the registration for this webinar – once you register, your details will only be used to communicate with you about this webinar.
To book your place click on register now below. If you cannot see the register now button, login to your mybohs account or create an account if you are a new user.